April 11 is National Blue and Green Day 2014 – Send in Your “BLUE AND GREEN” Photos and Videos
Take part in National Blue and Green Day on Friday, April 11, 2014 and show your support for the more than 120,000 people on the national organ transplant waiting list, as well as those in need of transplants in the Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network area.
Every year in April, National Blue and Green Day is one of the highlights of National Donate Life Month. Blue and green are the colors of the Donate Life logo, which represents the message across America that donation saves lives.
It’s easy to participate in National Blue and Green Day on Friday, April 11!
Once again this year, Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network (FLDRN) is promoting National Blue and Green Day in its designated service area, which includes New York State’s Finger Lakes, Central and Upstate region.
1. Dress in blue and green on the day, and tell your relatives, friends, colleagues, house of worship, school, college and community groups to do the same.
2. Take pictures and/or video yourself and others with you dressed in blue and green. Selected photos will appear on the Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network’s Facebook page, on our website and in our newsletter.
- You can also send blue and green photos and videos showing your decorated room, workspace, the exterior of your house or an area of your yard.
- You may want to dress your pet in blue and green!
- How about dressing a group of children in the Donate Life colors?
- Bake a cake in blue and green…and if the colors work for other recipes, go for it!
4. SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS TO US: On Friday, April 11, 2014 and the days following, email your photos and videos to Amy James (Amy_JamesURMCRochesteredu) , Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network’s (FLDRN) community education manager.
5. Then check out our Facebook page and website to see if your creative contributions have been selected. If they have, be sure to share them with your friends and relatives via Facebook and Twitter.