17th Annual Rochester River Run/Walk 5K
January 24th, 2018 by Nancy Ryan
99 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14611
Please read the following information regarding important updates and changes to the Rochester River Run/Walk August 5 event (rescheduled from April 15):
While the decision to cancel the April 15 River Run and Transplant commemoration ceremony due to the hazardous weather conditions was a difficult one, deciding to reschedule a make-up date was easy—although logistically complex. Here are the details. We hope you can join us!
- Same Place: Genesee Valley Park Roundhouse Shelter in Rochester, NY.
- New Time: We realize that this time of the year offers warmer temperatures, so the Run and Walk will begin at 8 a.m. sharp. Upon completion of the race, the Transplant commemoration ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Registration Details: Everyone who registered for the April 15, 2018 Rochester River Run & Walk will automatically be registered for the new race being held on Sunday, Aug. 5. New registrations are also being accepted. Online registration closes on Thursday, August 2, at midnight. Click here to sign up!
- Registration Cost: $30.00 Race Fee + $2.90 SignUp Fee. After 12:00 pm on August 4 the cost will increase to $35. Children are welcome – under age 10 are free (no shirt).
- Shirts: Register by July 23 for a free long-sleeve tech shirt. A limited number of cotton race shirts will be available for sale at the event.
- Pledge Drive Details: Beginning May 1, you may login to RiverRun.urmc.edu to view your registration and continue fundraising for yourself or your team in support of our transplant patients. The top two pledge collectors across individual and teams/groups will be contacted the week after the event, as well as announced on the Friends of Strong Facebook page.
- Race Bibs: If you have already received your bib, please hold on to it for the Aug. 5 race. If you have not yet received your bib, it will be available at packet pick-up in the days prior to the Aug. 5 race. (Dates and times for Race Packet Pick-up below)
- Parking: Parking is available in the University of Rochester’s Park Lot – attendants will be on hand to direct you to the parking area.
- Race Packet Pickup Times:Friday, August 3 – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friends of Strong Office (1-1230)
601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642
(585) 275-2420Saturday, August 4 – 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Medved Running and Walking Outfitters
3400 Monroe Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618
Sunday, August 5 – 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Genesee Valley Park Roundhouse Shelter
Thank you for your patience throughout this challenging process. We’re truly grateful for your dedication and the efforts you’ve made to support our heart, liver, kidney and pancreas transplant patients, their donors and their families, who benefit from the Rochester River Run/Walk.
The Rochester River Run/Walk 5K is sponsored by the Friends of Strong Memorial Hospital and the hospital’s transplant units. All proceeds directly benefit some of the hundreds of patients currently awaiting transplants at Strong, as well as those who continue to receive follow-up care from Strong, who might be in need of financial assistance.