The sudden and tragic death of a loved one can be overwhelming. Families who donate organs and tissues not only change the lives of those who receive transplants but they often experience loss and grief differently.
FLDRN’s Family Services and Aftercare Program was created to help families through a very difficult time and to provide information relating to their decisions to donate.
All families who consent to donation are enrolled in the Family Services Aftercare Program. This is a planned two-year program of follow-up services that include a series of contacts by mail. These contacts offer our assistance, provide information and support you during this most difficult time. Some of the services we provide include:
- Letter explaining the outcome of your loved one’s donation
- Follow-up phone support with a Family Services Coordinator
- Information packet with helpful bereavement and other resource information
- Invitation to special programs and observances to honor donors.
- Opportunity to participate in the donor memorial quilt program.
If you are a family member or connected to an organ or tissue donor and have a question, please email (kelly_vandemarurmcrochesteredu) or call Kelly VanDeMar, Family Services Coordinator, at (585) 272-4930
For more details about the program download the Donor Family Services Program brochure below: