Information for the Families of Donors
The sudden and tragic death of a loved one can be overwhelming. Families who donate organs and tissues not only change the lives of those who receive transplants but they often experience loss and grief differently.
All families who consent to donation are given the opportunity to enroll in the Family Services Aftercare Program.
This program spans a two year period of time, during which you will receive follow-up services that include periodic mailings, information that can assist you, as well as our availability to offer phone support as needed during your grieving process.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Letter explaining the outcome of your loved one’s donation
- Follow-up phone support with a Family Services Coordinator
- Information packet with helpful bereavement and other resource information
- Invitation to special programs and observances to honor donors.
- Opportunity to participate in the donor memorial quilt program.
If you are a donor family member, or are connected to an organ, eye or tissue donor, and have a question, please call:
Judy Hess, Referral and Family Services Coordinator, at 585-272-4930
Jenna Heery, Referral and Family Services Coordinator, at 315-428-8500
Jeffrey Mancini, Referral and Family Services Coordinator, at 315-428-8500
Or email us:
Email Judy Hess (Judy_HessURMCRochesteredu)
Email Jenna Heery (jenna_heeryurmcrochesteredu)
Email Jeffrey Mancini (Jeffrey_manciniurmcrochesteredu)